Julian Ibarz is a Staff Software Engineer at Google. He is a technical lead within the Google Brain Robotics team and work on making robots smarter with deep reinforcement learning techniques. Prior to that, he worked 5 years in the Google Maps team helping automating mapping using deep learning.
Significant Contributions at Google
- Design and large scale deployment of first neural network running on Google's TPUs.
- Design, implementation and worldwide deployment of the first generation of our data pipeline based on deep neural networks to automate mapping from Street View images.
- Significant improvements of face and license plate blurring with deep neural networks for Street View privacy.
- Design and implementation of a neural network that can solve reCAPTCHA at 99% accuracy.
- Training and large scale deployment of first Google Brain vision model.